Thanks to all for your patience, as we complete the final stages of the buoy renovation.
We just finished reassembling the power and floatation modules this evening.
We found out today that we need to re-engineer our base station on land, where the receiver and web interface are located, due to physical changes at the site. There are challenges like this every year, but I just keep reminding myself that this is an all-volunteer labor of love, and we just do our best. Thanks to everyone who shows up each year to keep the project alive!
Everyone involved in this project also has a day job, and the economy is challenging right now, but we are moving forward anyway. We had some donations come in over the holidays that will get the buoy in the water if we are very careful to spend it strategically. Thank you to those who pressed the Paypal button.
The picture above shows the electronic section on the work bench last night. Two more photos below.
Here James, Kevin and Paulo test the battery pack, cables, and solar charging circuitry on Sunday.
Me, Atreya and his Dad, Sam, retesting the charging system after repairs yesterday.